Operational Excellence for Continuous Improvement
Qatar Chemical Company Ltd (Q-Chem) is a leading manufacturer of high quality Polyethylene Resins, Normal Alpha Olefins (NAO) and 1-Hexene within the Middle East region supplying local markets in the Middle East as well as Asia, Africa, and Europe.
As a major participant in Qatar's petrochemical industry, we strive to conduct our daily business in a secure, safe, injury-free, and environmentally responsible manner.
We are committed to:
- Ensure that our operations and business activities comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Optimizing resources we consume while minimizing emissions and waste.
- Limiting risk related to our products throughout their lifecycle, and
- Reducing risks in our operations to safeguard our employees, contractors, and the communities where we operate and engage in business activities.
We openly communicate our results and welcome the input of our employees and contractors, regulatory agencies, our communities, our customers, and other interested stakeholders.
We accomplish these goals by integrating Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, Reliability and Quality into our management processes using our Operational Excellence (OE) management system to:
- Set goals for continuous improvement.
- Provide alignment of activities and resources.
- Assess and manage risks, and
- Audit performance against operational objectives and compliance requirements.
Q-Chem is committed to continuously improve and report its performance.
Q-Chem has previously been recognized both locally and internationally for its achievements as highlighted below:
- GCC Environmental Award in 2006.
- Qatarization Award for "Training and Development" in 2009.
- Qatar Oil and Gas Industry Safety Performance and Innovation Silver Award 2010.
- Qatarization Crystal Award 2013.
- CPChem Safety Excellence Award in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- CPChem President's Safety Award in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
- CPChem President's Operational Excellence Award in 2013, 2015 and 2018.
- CPChem President's Environmental Harmony Award in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.